May 25, 2009

THE GALLINA MEMORIAL DAY 2009

























Hello Friends and Family

I'm back to blogging! I MUST! My family has noticed that I have not wrote any stories lately... yes... Facebook has consumed my time. Now that Jed is back, I can give some careful attention to my writing. My inter being loves to write and my body tells me another thing... dishes... books.. outside work...kids... You get the picture! Soon as Spring time has hit, I've been going non stop to outside work!

Anyhow! Pray your Memorial Day was great! Hope you stopped and thanked a Veteran or someone serving and told them how much you appreciate them? I noticed in the paper today, for Tn... during this war, that 91 have died and 540 wounded in Action... that was higher than Ark. or Miss. We are thankful for the men serving in our family and extended family. We have about 4-5 that are serving.

My husband was off today, which was a blessing. I've been a work horse since Friday trying to get projects done. The rain has done much to stop or prevent us from doing somethings. Today, TODAY.. was the day to put my Gazebo Tent up. Many you have been by, sat with me, swung with me and just had a good time. It's a little porch for me to retreat to. I love it!! Long story short.. we finally did late this afternoon get it up. Now I can start moving furniture around. But, not before another project had to be moved physically before the tent came up. THE TREES! We have very old and tall trees around our home. Paul decided to cut one of the very long branches that weigh down by the tent before doing the 'small' job of putting up the tent. Since we have 'big grown' kids at home, I told my #1 son to come help. Why make your daddy do ALL the work?? They went to cutting with a pruning device... one that is very long and can telescope if needed. There they are, standing on a ladder on the back of husbands truck. It took about 20 minutes of constant cutting to hear it CRACK.... only bad part about it was it still attached to the tree, very high up! What do you do?? hummmmmm...... This is where the madness of the Gallina's come in....

#1 son goes and gets a shot gun... a 12 gauge to be exactly.... they shot the branch off the tree, only took 3 tries. This gets my blood boiling though. I have all non essential personnel of the family on the back porch for safety sake. One blast, two blast, three blast... CRACK! All of it comes smashing down.

Then #1 son, notice I'm not incriminating the name, I will stay with birth order.... the two alpha males are smugly sitting on the tailgate talking about what great tree trimmers they are. I've already called them retarded and working on the 'S' word, that we are not allowed to say....
Then, #1 son gets the smart idea to shoot a 'good' not cut branch out of the tree. Now, this branch was going to be directly over my gazebo and I would of wondered about it all summer. He starts to shooting.... one blast... wood chips all over... two shots....wood chips all over- more on me.... I threw down was in my hand and walked to the house.... I'd never make a duck hunter! three tries... four tries... five tries... six tries... seven tries... eight tires... nine tries... 10 tries.... then I hear a CRACK..... down come the tree branch! HE HAD REALLY SHOT A 8-INCH DIAMETER BRANCH OUT OF THE TREE~ Now, they are really smug about what great tree trimmers they are. I seriously thought the Sheriffs would be there before the CRACK happened! Now the branches are moved out of way and progress has been put up!

My trees still need to be pruned, and if I lived out in the country, I'd say, shoot the every branch that hangs down low out of that tree!!! GO FOR IT! but, we still have neighbors and shootings can happen close enough. Don't mix up tree blast for real shootings, please!

My husband even asked if I was going to blog about this... I shouted, YES!!!

ENJOY THE PHOTOS~!
Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, shooting branches out of a tree
heard everything now.
be careful
love mom, but I enjoyed your story