January 19, 2010

FIRE AND HATS


 Hello Friends,

I think I have a Lizard story.  I tell you, my kids... don't yours give you things you could write a book about? Mine do... Joshua was full of it yesterday... so this about two events in the same day.

We were going over some school stuff, YES, he is a kindergartner this year. A precious one too. So sweet and just a little sponge. We were in a book, Community Helpers, and we were discussing Fire Fighters.  I knew somewhere in this discussion it would go to the 9-1-1 situation.  I have never taught Josh that number on purpose.  I have to much other stress in my life for him to check out that number on the phone.   I said, "Josh, there is a very special number you would call if mom or a fire broke out for you to call".... and he said.... OH OH OH... I KNOW IT , I KNOW IT... just so eager for a Kindergartner to say.... precious.... I said, Okay... what is the number??? I really didn't think he knew it.... He said, with all the anticipation he could say, 9-1-1, he said.  I was amazed.  I said, "How did you learn that?" From Ruff Ruffman... For you non-PBS viewers, it is a great show that comes on in the afternoon with real life kids doing projects and a very funny animated dog.  He has soaked in more than I knew he could. So... that leads to the subject of WHEN to call 911.   You mean mom, like the other day when you fell out of the computer chair.... NO... when I can't talk Josh.... or out cold... or fire... I'm sure we will talk more about this later.  The door has been opened to discuss it more.  I want to make sure he really understands why you would call 911.  I've heard the stories... you probably have one??

My second story goes like this:
We have always encouraged creativity with Josh... I buy probably 95% of his 'stuff' at goodwill/ thrift stores...  His hats... fun stuff...  He has a supply of hats he can change into and be different characters.  Last night, he decided that the four of us, each needed a hat.  So, he got each of us a play hat and demanded we wear it.  So.. can you see it, all four of us sitting on the couch each wearing a hat.  Me a baseball player, Paul a police chief, Micah a cowboy and Josh a fireman.   We sat there for a time until I said, do you realize how stupid we look sitting on this couch looking like this?  When the show was off, he wanted to carry out the hat mission of our hat.  So, I hit the police chief, which he arrested the cowboy and Josh put out the fire.  hahahah
That would be our evening entertainment.

Can't wait till Josh's next adventure. 
Liz

No comments: